Changing my world, one step at a time















Friday, February 10, 2017

Daily Movement update


I've been rolling out my mat this week! Besides my quick morning practice and core exercises, I've been mindful about adding movement to my day. I've been over to a friend's house 4 times in the past week to do yoga. It's felt so good! But, boy, am I ever out of shape....and it's easy to get discouraged. I get around this by reminding myself that things can be different a year from now OR I can continue doing nothing and things can remain exactly the same. The choice is mine. And that choice is made everyday.

Another thing that's helped is clarifying why I want to add daily movement to my life. The answer for me is for my health. As someone with fibromyalgia it's important for me to keep moving. The pain is so much worse when I don't. The worse the pain gets the less I want to move. It's a vicious cycle.
I want to be able to do all the things on my bucket list. I want to be able to move easily and without pain. I want the endurance to hike for four hours again and the strength to lift heavy things. Sure I want to lose weight but that's not the main reason for daily movement. My health and quality of life come first.

On days I haven't done the extra yoga I've walked and done the toning exercises mentioned in a previous post. I've managed every day but one since February started. And that's because I was sick and had zero energy or ability to get moving. This project is turning out to be a great one!

2 comments:

  1. Yes..I am choosing also to get more movement in my life to keep the pain reduced! Thanks for doing all this yoga with me! You are doing great! We are doing great! One day at a time, we will get stronger and leaner!

    ReplyDelete