Changing my world, one step at a time















Monday, August 15, 2016

Doctor's orders

I've recently been to see a Naturopathic Doctor. I had to do something about the chronic low energy I was feeling, in addition to seeing if anything could be done about the continuous flare ups of Crohn's disease and Fibromyalgia that I was experiencing.

This being my first visit the doctor completed a thorough hour and a half interview and physical assessment. She then suggested a few things that could be started immediately. And suggested an elimination diet.


Ignore the Power Sheets on the right. I just happened to be working on them when I snapped the picture. This isn't going to be fun folks, BUT I am so very desperate to feel better that I didn't hesitate when she suggested doing it. 

For those who don't know how this works, a person strips their diet down to the barest of bones. After 4 weeks, you begin adding foods back one at a time, carefully examining whether you are having any adverse reaction at all. As an experiment it will be interesting to see how I feel. So......
No red meat, pork, seafood, gluten containing grains, white potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, eggs, dairy etc...I'm sure you get my drift.

I'll be staring on Thursday this week. I've got my menu and grocery list ready and I'll keep you all posted. 

Blessings friends
C  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment