Changing my world, one step at a time















Saturday, August 20, 2016

End of an Era

Wow! I had a great big post almost finished when my computer suddenly decided to crash....It's late and I'm tired. I haven't got the strength to rewrite it all.

So what am I doing now? I'm watching The Tragically Hip on tv performing in their last ever concert. I feel crushed. This is a band that I first discovered in 1985, when I was 18...that's a long time, a lot of songs and concerts. the poetic lyrics that belong to Gord Downie and all the memories that go along with them.



I think of my friend Krista who has passed away and was a Tragically Hip fan. The old boyfriend who first introduced me to them (and punk rock in the bargain). I'm raising my glass to all of it; the memories and lyrics sung past and present. But never again in this way.

The end of an era. And I'm proud to be Canadian.

No comments:

Post a Comment