Changing my world, one step at a time















Friday, March 17, 2017

This and That

There's been a whole lot of this and that in the past week. My Buy Nothing project is going well. Staying out of stores is the single most helpful thing that I'm doing. The only store I've been in is when I've bought some groceries. And those groceries have been staples that can be used to make multiple meals.


I had the pleasure of seeing my youngest daughter in a lead role in a play last week. It was a dark comedy called "Criminal Genius". She did such a fantastic job. After three years studying theater in college she's really grown in her acting ability. Today she let me know that she'd gotten a job with a stage technician company. I'm really grateful that she's getting the opportunity to work in her chosen field. Theater is her love and her passion. I also got some news this week from my youngest son letting me know that he'd gotten a summer internship with the federal government. I'm really proud of him for going after what he wants and his perseverance in doing so! He's still got two years of university left and it's exciting watching his life unfold.



I spent a night at my oldest daughter's house this week and got to enjoy time with this wonderful little man. He's such a joy to be around...five year olds are absolutely great. And my daughter is doing a good job raising him on her own. It's not an easy job being a single mother. Something I know first hand.


The walls of the house are slowly getting painted. The dining room, living room and front hallway are finally done! Renovating a house and getting it ready to sell is such an exhausting undertaking! One I wouldn't want to repeat any time soon. I'm looking forward to being done with it and finding something small and cozy in the country. Or at least a small town. Somewhere that we could have a garden. And chickens. And room to breathe! Away from the hustle and bustle and traffic.


My husband made a great dinner one night. Pan fried chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans in an onion cream sauce. He even lit the candles! So nice to be spoilt.



Another night a friend brought over dinner. She made a delicious butternut squash soup and this fabulous wrap with lettuce, marinated chicken, tomato, cucumber, carrot and a wonderful homemade buttermilk ranch dressing. I so appreciate her doing this. And helping with painting on time of it! Carol you have no idea how much I appreciate you :)

I'm going to spend the weekend doing schoolwork (business plan....ugh) and getting ready for my surgery on Monday. I'm not looking forward to it to say the least!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! And thanks for reading....

C   xo

No comments:

Post a Comment