Changing my world, one step at a time















Tuesday, March 7, 2017

This week

Hey there!
Well I’ve made it through the week. There’s been some yoga, some toning exercises and NO SPENDING…except for gas for the car and that’s on the necessities list so it doesn’t count.



I’ve finished my “happy shawl” and am pretty happy with how it turned out. Another Christmas gift is done! Now I’m working on some fingerless mitts and have the yarn for another pair of socks and another shawl. I’m determined to get the majority of my Christmas knitting done by summer. Then I can move on to some sewing projects. I haven’t sewn in over twenty years so that should be fun.



I’m in the midst of working on Business assignments for school. Not my forte. To say this is difficult for me is an understatement. I’ve managed to write the test dealing with the legalities of working as a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and am now finishing up an assignment. Then I’ll be moving on to writing a business plan. Something I have absolutely zero experience with.



Despite this awful cold I managed to make it to church on Sunday. I went with my Dad and it was nice to spend some alone time with him as it doesn’t happen often.



I’m reading “All the Single Ladies” by Dorothea Benton Frank right now. I just love her books, they have such a great Southern, Lowcountry flavour. I adore everything southern! The food, the accents, the culture, the people. I made my first trip south back in 2004. A friend and I took a road trip with the intention of driving to Florida but the vehicle broke down in Myrtle Beach. Because of the time it took to fix it we decided to only go as far as Charleston, South Carolina. I fell in love with the magic of the place. All of Frank’s books are set in the Lowcountry and with every one that I read I’m whisked back to the south.






I’d love to return one day. And until then at least there are books and cookbooks that help me feel like I’m there. As long as I don’t look out the window and see all the snow!

1 comment:

  1. Having a cup of lemon water and reading your blog!
    Cheers!
    Hope you have a great rest of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete